The Lizard


Home Up About the Society Membership Executive Board Working Groups General Forum Members Area

 

    

 

 

 

 
Source of Image:
Date of Image:

 

International Designation Number:

A0060

 

Navigation:
Latitude 49 57' 58" N
Longitude 05 12' 07" W
Body of water Atlantic Ocean.

 

Construction:
Date of Establishment: 1619
Date Light First Lit: 1752
Designer Thomas Fonnereau.
Is structure still operating? South Tower- Yes,  Automated 1998      North Tower- No
Characteristic White flash every 3sec.                              Inactive since 1903 when lantern was removed.
 

Notes:

With the help of a generous grant from the Heritage Lottery Fund, Trinity House has renovated the Engine Room, 

retaining some of the old engines. 

It now also features new exhibition material, an audio visual room and a number of interactive displays.

The Lizard Lighthouse Heritage Centre was officially opened on the 13th July 2009 by HRH The Princess Royal.